We hope you find this page informative and helpful to you as you get ready to participate in the first ever Virtual Hike for Hospice! Resources will continue to be updated as they become available.
Opening Ceremony on YouTube here.
First up, we have David Kennedy, explaing how your donation and support helps Hospice Peterborough
Hajni Hos takes us for a walk around her farm, and encourages others to get out and support Hike this year!
A few Hike teams were recorded talking about why they participate, and how they are making Hike fun in the midst of a pandemic in the below videos:
Day of Reflection video with Sheila Bourgeois
Want to illustrate impact with some stats? How about?
Registering as an individual or with a team:
Creating a Participant Profile:
How to Sponsor/Support a Participant:
COVID-19 Friendly Fundraising Ideas:
- Encourage donations through EasyPledge to minimize interactions with cash and currency
- Meet in a large open area and have a socially distance walk together, apart
- Challenge a family member or other team to a friendly competition (could be most KM walked by team, most funds raised, average amount raised per team member) and have a reward for the winning team
- Find a supporter who is willing to match your pledges (up to a certain amount) and tell people their gifts will have twice the impact by being matched
- Stay in contact with those who you are trying to get support from. Send email updates when you hit a milestone!