Volunteer for YWCA Walk a Mile in Her Shoes
Looking for a meaningful way to lend a hand? Join our amazing team of YWCA Walk a Mile in Her Shoes volunteers!
To sign up for any of the following volunteer opportunties, or for more information, please contact Tina MacFarlane at 705-743-3526 ext. 123 or email@example.com.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
May 26 - YWCA Walk a Mile in Her Shoes - Event Day!
- Event takes place at Confederation Park, across from Peterborough City Hall.
- Unloading of vehicles takes place at YWCA, 216 Simcoe Street, Peterborough immediately following the event.
Time: 8 am until 2:30 pm. There's lots to do!
- 8:00 am - Set up
- 9:30 am - Volunteer Training
- 11:00 am - Registration
- 12:00 pm - Walk begins
- 12:30 pm - Lunch
- 1:00 pm - Event Clean up/vehicle loading
2:00 pm - Unloading at YWCA
40 volunteers needed
- All volunteers will receive an email end of April/beginning of May with more information as to what time your shift will begin depending on what your volunteer role is on the day.
- Volunteer responsibilities will vary, please let us know if you have volunteered for this event before and the area/station you volunteered in.
- There will be lifting, bending, pulling and standing involved.
- Lunch is provided.
- Volunteers are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing and footwear. (It's often REALLY hot - so bring lots of water, rain gear if needed, sunscreen and a hat!)
- Volunteers are asked to stay for the entire event, and support the cleanup at the end including unloading at YWCA.